Connect To The Wealth of Vegan Resources On The Internet
On your plant-based journey, there will be times when you seek information, inspiration, or community. Luckily, the wealth of vegan resources is expanding rapidly; it's never been easier to make the switch! Here you can find the best blogs, books and documentaries about Veganism.
- How Not To Die - Discusses the leading causes of death in the United States, then presents evidence-based research about how each one can be prevented and reversed through a plant-based diet.
- The Plant-Based Journey - Strategies and advice for any aspiring vegan for how to make the switch, plus deep discussion over the WHY behind overeating.
- - Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to HealthMix of Science and Recipes
- The China Study - Comprehensive scientific research about the effects of eating animal products on health
- Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease - Evidence and anecdotes about how patients with cardiovascular diseases can improve their heart health through a plant-based diet, even when they've book told they have less than a year to live.
- The Happy Vegan - Russell Simmons on the physical, mental, and emotional benefits of eating vegan, combined with practical advice on how to manage eating out and social situations.
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook - An excellent variety of vegan recipes, complete with stunning pictures.
- But I Could Never Go Vegan! - Comfort foods and classic recipes turned vegan. Instead of trying to imitate a dish normally made with animal products, these meals allow the plants to shine in their own right.
- The Homemade Vegan Pantry - A guide to creating vegan versions of pantry staples--from dairy and meat substitutes such as vegan yogurt, mayo, bacon, and cheese, to dressings, sauces, cookies, and more.
- Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook - The recipes in this book are consistently excellent, but the cooking techniques are complicated and they can take a long time to prepare.
- ¡Salud! Vegan Mexican Cookbook - How to make classic Mexican dishes like Enchiladas, Tacos, and Tamales with vegan ingredients.
- Forks Over Knives - Research and evidence about reversing degenerative diseases through a diet of plant-based foods.
- Cowspiracy - Examines the links between the production of animal products and environmental degradation
- What The Health - he sequel from the makers of Cowspiracy tracks the links between animal products and disease, exposing the links between the food industry, government organizations, and health companies.
- Food Choices - Explores the impact of food on health, the environment, and more.
- Eating You Alive - Investigates how to treat chronic diseases through lifestyle changes and why doctors are not trained in nutrition.
- Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead - The inspiring story of an obese Australian man who turns his health around by drinking only fresh fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days.
- Earthlings - Using hidden cameras and never-before-seen footage, Earthlings chronicles the day-to-day practices of the largest industries in the world, all of which rely entirely on animals for profit..
Vegan Cooking Blogs
- Not actually a blog but rather a supportive and insightful community, there are many subreddits with advice for aspiring vegans. Be sure to check out/r/vegan for jokes, news, and awesome pictures /r/VeganFood for recipes, /r/VeganFitness for advice on bulking, cutting, and nutrition for fitness lovers, and /r/EatCheapAndVegan for penny pinchers eating vegan.
- Beginner's Guide To Veganism - A fantastic overview of what it means to be a vegan and responses to common questions regarding plant-based diets.
- Minimalist Baker - Consistently amazing vegan recipes across a wide range of categories, but some of the ingredients may be difficult to find and sometimes fancy kitchen gadgets are required.
- Oh She Glows - One of the oldest and most prolific vegan blogs in terms of sheer number of recipes, you can definitely find something to your liking within this deep archive.
- Budget Bytes - Not specifically vegan, this website still contains a wide variety of vegan and vegetarian options. The best part is that it's easy to see the cost of each recipe or serving, proving that eating vegan on a budget doesn't mean eating bland.
- Vegan Richa - Plenty of delicious recipes across a wide spectrum, although some meals are undeniably complicated. Also a treasure trove of vegan indian recipes.
- Healthy Vegan Recipes for the Family - An excellent collection of resources and recipes for anyone interested in learning more about veganism.